During Corona-situation I also offer online meetings
via encrypted video communication.
Making the choice to go to couples counseling can feel like a very big step. And it means to admit that things are not perfect in your partnership, which is often tough to do and scary to admit.
If you are not particularly familiar with what therapy is all about, it can also feel misterious or confusing. Even with one or both parties thinking that may be a good idea, you may also feeling unsure of how to proceed – and of wether your specific problems can really be helped.
Therefore we offer a preliminary session for couples. If you contact me per phone or Email, we make an appointment. Then we meet for 75 min, the couple and two therapists, my colleage Martin Battenfeld and me. This is our special feature, you always have two therapists. Both of us are experienced couples therapists, working together successfully and with joy for years.
If we think we match and we decide to work together, we usually recommend to meet frequently, in the beginning every 2-3 weeks for 75 min.
Couples therapy might be helpful if
- arguments are getting more frequent
- communication is poor
- something definitely feels wrong, but you`re not sure what or why
- trust has been broken
- there is something you want your partner to know,
but you`ve been unable to tell them
- you feel stuck in bad patterns
- one or both of you becomes dysfunctional during a conflict
- emotional intimacy is gone or deeply diminished
- physical intimacy is a problem
- you have gone through something devastating that is
changing the way you connect each other
If you are interested in Gestalt couples therapy sessions, give us a call or send us an Email (contact), we briefly discuss your concerns and set a first appointment for a preliminary session.
We look forward to your request!